If at all possible we will endeavour to keep the school open during adverse weather conditions. In the event of school closure the following procedures will be followed:
- At 7am – Clare Carr, Head teacher and Neil Widdas, school caretaker will assess the weather situation, school health and safety and travel conditions and make a decision.
- Between 7.30 am and 8.00am if it is decided that the school will not open the school closure will be posted on the ‘News Feed’ on the front page of our school website. We will send out emails and a text message to all parents. Parents are encouraged not to phone school unless there is no alternative as we only have one telephone line and this must be kept clear for emergency calls only.
In the event of deteriorating weather conditions during the school day, we will:
- Contact parents to collect pupils where possible.
- Send staff home if travel conditions deteriorate and staff may experience difficulties getting home.
- At least two members of staff will remain on school site until last child is collected.
Please contact the school if you would like to discuss these arrangements in more detail.
For more information please view our School Policy and Procedure for Adverse Weather Conditions